Home Forums Nazca Disable naming warnings

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ale35 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ale35

Hello,

I would like to know whether it is possible to disable all the warnings about duplicate cells renaming.
    I understand a way would be to create individual names, but assuming I am fine with the automatic renaming, can I just disable the warnings?

Thank you

Ronald
    Keymaster

Dear ale35,

The best way to get rid of warnings is to solve the underlying reason or, second best, redirecting them to a log file so they do not scroll over the screen but are awaiting review on disk. For the latter see logging.

To resolve the cell rename warning avoid recreating a cell more than once, i.e. do not do the following:

import nazca as nd

def createA():
        with nd.Cell('test') as C:
            pass
        return C

createA()
    createA() # causes a renaming warning
    createA() # causes a renaming warning

but instead do

import nazca as nd

def createA():
        with nd.Cell('test') as C:
            pass
        return C

A = createA()
    A.put()
    A.put()
    A.put()

Another way to resolve these warnings is to use the @hashme decorator. It checks on cell name reuse and returns the existing cell rather then recreating it under a new name:

import nazca as nd

@nd.bb_util.hashme('test')
    def createA():
        with nd.Cell() as C:
            pass
        return C

createA()
    createA() # no more renaming warning
    createA() # no more renaming warning

Ronald

ale35

Thank you Ronald,

using the hashme decorator solved the warning issue indeed. However, now I get some messages like:

“ERROR: bb_util.py: Reusing a basename across functions: ‘wg’ ”

Am I not using this correctly?

ale35

Dear Ronald,

adding to my previous post, I would like to ask your advice on a parallel hashing issue which might be connected.

I am currently generating a set of parametrized cells using a function. Here I create an interconnect object using my parameters and then I draw some geometries using it. I have noticed that even if all the parameters are the same, calling the Interconnect() command always generates a new object. This means that even if I generate identical cells, they will still be separate.

Is there a way to check whether a specific interconnect object already exists?

An example code:

@nd.bbu.hashme(‘wg’)
    def wgs(WG_width):

with nd.Cell(name = inspect.currentframe().f_code.co_name) as wg:

ic = Interconnect(width = WG_width, layer = xx)
    ic.taper(…).put()

return wg

Here if I call wgs() multiple times passing the same WG_width, I will end up with multiple identical cells, each with a different (but identical) interconnect object.

Thank you once again for your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.